Monday, January 1, 2007

Another Year is Here

"Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man." - Benjamin Franklin

New Year's always starts out with good intentions that sometimes fall by the wayside. Given this, Ben Franklin's utilitarian approach appeals to me. Strive for peace, honesty, and love, and slowly but surely we become better people. In other words, the search for the New Year's revolution is constantly evolving. I prefer this view to Twain's below, although Twain's more closely resembles my normal experience with New Year's (and from what I can tell is the norm for most):

"New Year's Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual." - Mark Twain

Whatever your appraoch to New Year's, I wish you a happy 2007!

No comments: