Friday, June 22, 2007

I'll Let This Speak for Itself

I just got an email in my inbox. The subject line read "Drop 12 pounds by Monday." I am really glad that our society is not at a loss for excellent messages like this:

The Momentum 2-Day Slim Down http://technologygroupseventeen.com/soi?e=73HHILAHX3oHxXqUhHoLKw&m=71389&l=0 In
2 days, you could experience: Safe dramatic fat loss of up to 6 to 12
pounds or more An even slimmer you dropping inches from your waist
An amazing decrease in your craving for "junk foods" Natural detox
and cleansing: a vacation for your body A boost of natural energy
Click Here To Try A Bottle of 2-Day SlimDown for Free http://technologygroupseventeen.com/soi?e=73HHILAHX3oHxXqUhHoLKw&m=71389&l=0

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think my favorite part of the ad is that this is framed as "a vacation for your body A boost of natural energy" (sic).

If I wasn't fairly certain that it is in fact horribly unsafe, and just a generally bad idea, I'd try it. Y'know, just to see what "a vacation for my body" felt like.

DStbFO

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Practicing Idealist said...

DStbFO,
A "vacation for my body" sounds appealing to me, too. But I think it's also a sign you've been in graduate school too long when getting a vacation for the body consists of a pill, rather than an escape to a beautiful beach destination...