Monday, June 4, 2007

One Step at a Time

After allowing myself to not work for somewhere between 6 and 8 days, I find myself having already worked this morning for 2 1/2 hours. Woo-hoo!!!

I knew (as did my fiance) that this would happen. I was always one of those kids who wished school would start earlier than September (back when kids started school in September). I just get bored too easily without more interesting entertainment than Civilization IV, which is quite addictive, and mentally challenging.* I just can't stand staring at the computer all day.**

At this point, I'm babbling. I just wanted to send a virtual message to myself that all was not lost in sociology land, and that I can be a productive member of society.***

*My Civ addiction is similar to the SimCity addiction my best friend and I had in middle school. We figured out how to get free funds on the game, and would spend hours taking turns playing the game and watching the other one play the game. We did take breaks now and then to play dress up, watch Avonlea on the Disney Channel, and play wall ball. Life was simpler then, and we were very innocent...
**I also have the problem that I only want to play the earlier time periods, and never advance into the Industrial Age. Life was just so much more interesting when the 7 Wonders were around.
***The past couple of months have been really hard.

No comments: