Thursday, June 7, 2007

I Admit It

I love Josh Groban.

I know that his music is derided by every man I know, including my father and fiance, who are quite sensitive men.

I know his lyrics are repetitive and lack much substance.

But have you heard him sing?*

As somebody who participated in numerous choirs throughout high school and college, I appreciate his form and clarity.

As a girl who does not get chills from just anything she hears, I appreciate the way Josh Groban's music makes me feel.

I have to face the fact that I love his music... even if he is among the latest classically trained, quasi-pop singers** out there, who are trying to blurr the lines of traditional music categories.***

*I can't help myself...he's also beautiful to look at. Check out that link.
**To this classification I would also add
Charlotte Church, Hayley Westenra, and Il Divo, among others.
***This is a discussion for another post.

No comments: