Friday, August 3, 2007

Growth


Well, next week the annual meeting of the American Sociological Society is going to occur. I'm getting nervous as I prepare my talk. I'm not nervous about my talk per se, but the criticisms I might receive. However, disagreement is inherently built into the scientific machine - otherwise we would still be thinking the sun revolved around the earth. In addition, occasionally facing the fire and coming through to the other side is good for my growth as a scholar and a human being.


Our garden is growing, too. I am so excited that we will soon have our very own tomatoes and jalapenos. Yum!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gardenless TDEC is envious. Growing your own tomatoes rocks.

Anonymous said...

Ah, but far worse than criticism is facing complete *silence* after opening the floor for questions and comments...